Tired of assembly line welding? Come build Custom Truck Bodies, something new every day!
Wilcox Bodies Limited, a custom truck body manufacture in Milton Ontario is looking for hard working, energetic, individuals who to join our Welding Team. Welding and fitting of aluminum and steel Truck Bodies & related equipment and modification of used equipment as needed.
Check out our builds www.wilcoxbodies.com
Welding/Fitting Technician responsibilities include:
- Fitting and welding of Aluminum and Steel Truck Bodies and components
- Use of power tools to drill, grind, mark and layout components
- Use of cutting torches and plasma cutting tools
- Operation of band saw and shear equipment
- Review build components and ensure conformity to drawing specifications
- Maintaining tools and equipment through preventative maintenance activities.
- Recommending and implementing value added changes to processes.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Performing other essential and related peripheral duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years proven experience
- CWB Certification in both Aluminum and Steel an asset
- CWB Valid welding tickets an asset
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Proficient in the use of measuring tools (tape measure, square etc.)
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must pass physical welding test (Aluminum, Steel)
- Proficient in the use of saws, shears, oxy-acetylene torch and various other shop/hand tools.
- Understanding and familiar with the use of jigs and fixtures
- Lift truck and Jib Crane experience and asset.
- Have basic tools (Wrenches, hammers, sockets etc.)
- Demonstrated good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills with regards to verbal and written.
- Able to lift and move 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
Benefit package includes:
- Prescription drugs
- Long term disability
- Paid vacation days
- Clothes allowance
- Safety shoe allowance
- In-house CWB testing for welding ticket
- Continuous Education/Training
- Job growth
Job Type: Full-time
Pay rate: Pending experience
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8-hour shift
- Afternoon shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay